The Testimony of Godby Watchman Nee, 1979
- The Testimony of God
(I Corinthians 2:1)
- The Testimony of God
What is God's testimony? How are we to respond to it?
- Testifying for God Requires Knowing Him
- Sinning Against God is Sinning Against the Testimony
- The Israelites Not Permitted to Enter Canaan
- The Destruction of Korah and His Company
- Moses Barred from Entering Canaan
- Uzzah Smitten to Death
- Whoever Sins Against the Testimony is Chastened
- The Testimony of the Lord Jesus before the High Priest and Pilate
A discussion of Jesus' testimony about His Sonship and Kingship culminating in a distinction between being in the world and being of the world.
- The Testimony of Jesus Christ
The four aspects of Jesus' testimony: Who Jesus was and is; Crist's relationship to man; What Jesus accomplished on the cross; and His relationship to God's eternal purpose. Christ's testimony is these things made real in us by the Holy Spirit.
- The Ark: the Center of the Tabernacle
The ark as a picture of Christ. The ark was the expression of God's grace and presence in the Old Testament, while Christ is the expression of God's grace and presence now. The relationship between the ark and Israel is compared with that between Christ and us in several instances:
- The Ark Crossing the River Jordan
- The Ark in the Tent at Shiloh
- The Ark Among the Philistines
- The Ark in Beth-Shemesh
- The Ark in Kiriath-Jearim
- The Ark in the House of Obed-Edom
- The Ark in the Tent of David
- Solomon and the Ark
Israel lost the presence of God. Because of their sin, the ark disappeared. Haven't we done the same?
- According to Pattern
(Hebrews 8:5), (Psalm 19:13)
"Man has absolutely no liberty in God's work." God has a plan; we are but servants who must carry out His will as specified. Where it has not been specified, we must not embellish, rather, we must ask His further guidance. We know that we ought not do that which God has forbidden, for that would be rebellious; but if we then do "for Him" that which He has not commanded, we are presumptuous, and this is also sin.
- Nadab and Abihu -- Leviticus 10:1-2
- Saul -- I Samuel 13:8-14
- David -- II Samuel 6:1-7
- Uzziah -- II Chronicles 26:16-21
God's pattern should never be altered according to man's idea.
- The Testimony of God (Psalm 119:125)
- Reckoned as Faithful
(I Timothy 1:12)
- The Book of Acts Goes On
The testimony of God in the church did not end with the written book of Acts, rather, His work continues even today. In each generation God looks for people willing to be obedient; and those faithful souls He uses to build up the church to share His testimony with the world.
- Run the Race Set before Us
Every Christian is on the course; the choice remains, however, whether he will run or not. If he chooses to run, he still may not finish the race -- but if he does, he will receive his reward.
- The Last Voyage
The disciples' stormy voyage across the Sea of Galilee after the feeding of the five thousand as an analogy of the church today, waiting for Christ's return. Are we in obedience to Him? Are the winds against us, or are we just drifting?
- The Book of Acts Goes On (Acts 28:30-31, Revelation 1:11-12,20)