Eternity in Their Hearts
Startling Evidence of Belief in the One True God in Hundreds of Cultures Throughout the Worldby Don Richardson, 1981
Traditional religion teaches that Christianity is the only repository of God’s revelation of truth to man, that Judaism is veiled truth, and that every other religion was inspired by Satan. This view has unfortunately hindered the efforts of many missionaries seeking to share the gospel with other cultures. Instead of preaching Christ in the imagery of those cultures, a religious system of Western culture has been offered.
The more accurate and biblical view is that God’s general revelation to all mankind was twisted by the devil through his lies as he attempted to destroy God’s most highly valued creation. Eternity in Their Hearts illustrates the ways in which God has reached out to all people and prepared them to receive the preaching of the gospel. The anthropological details brought to light in this fascinating book reveal much about how God has communicated His love throughout the world.
- Part One: A World Prepared for the Gospel — The Melchizedek Factor
- Peoples of the Vague God — The Athenians, the Canaanites, the Incas, the Santal, the Gedeo People, the Mbaka, the Chinese, and the Koreans and their beliefs in one Supreme Being who created everything and rules over all.
- Peoples of the Lost Book — The Karen, the Kachin, the Lahu, the Wa, the Shan and Palaung Peoples, the Kui, the Lisu, the Naga, and the Mizo and their legends of a lost book that would show the way to restore their peoples to a right relationship with the One True God.
- Peoples with Strange Customs — The Sawi, the Dyaks, the Asmat People, the Yali and the Hawaiians, the Chinese, and the North American Indians and their customs and rituals which parallel the some of the imagery in Judaism which portrayed in type the redemptive work of Jesus Christ.
- Scholars with Strange Theories — A discussion of nineteenth century philosphy, science, and theology that reveals much about our mistaken theological assumptions today.
- Part Two: The Gospel Prepared for the World — The Abraham Factor
- The Four-Thousand-Year Connection — How the Bible portrays the fulfillment of the Abrahamic Covenant.
- A Messiah for all Peoples — How Jesus fulfilled the Abrahamic Covenant in His attitude and actions toward the Gentiles.
- The Hidden Message of “Acts” — How the persecution of the Christians in Jerusalem served to further fulfill the Abrahamic Covenant.